You save $10.00 (29%)
Don't miss out, we only have 0 left. (Limit 9 per order)
TIP: For freshness, this is made in small batches. Order now to avoid long waits for the next batch.
Mood Boosting Chocolate Chips (1 lb)
Cocoa might just be the most beneficial food on the planet. It has been proven to reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer, Alzheimer's, dementia, diabetes, and unhealthy cholesterol levels. In fact, a recent study showed that cocoa contains more antioxidant activity, polyphenols and flavanols than other fruits tested, which included blueberries and Acai berries! Combine this with cocoa's proven positive effects on neurotransmitters responsible for your emotions, and cocoa could be called nature's greatest mood booster and antidepressant.
TIP: This is a raw, organic, non-GMO, whole food with no added nonsense which comes packaged in airtight, stand-up, resealable foil pouch for optimum freshness. It is most enjoyable and beneficial when added to SANE recipes, meals, and smoothies (like pictured here, for example). Keep it refrigerated or frozen. For recipes and tips, please sign-up for free here.
All of the following recipes and DOZENS MORE are found in the FREE 80+ page recipe eBook included with your Mood Boosting Chocolate Chips:
Death By Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
Peruvian Cocoa Coconut Scones
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Creamy Chocolate Porridge
Chocolate Almond Butter Mouse
Dark Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Mayan Coconut Chocolate Cake
Mint Chocolate Pudding
Chunky Chocolatey Pudding
Double Rich Hot Chocolate
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Incan Mocha Cocoa Froth
Brazilian Cherry Blast
Mayan Cherry Breeze
- Contains mood elevating properties and can help with arteriosclerosis
- May help the dilation of blood vessels and improving the cellular functioning of those cells lining blood vessels
- Super powerful antioxidant and may boost blood flow to the brain, heart, & other organs
- Supports a healthy heart, inflammation reduction, and improved digestion
- Stimulates kidney and bowel function and helps relax muscles
- May aid in the healing of skin problems including eczema, psoriasis & burns
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system and the reduction of stress
- Can increase insulin sensitivity and help build and maintain strong bones & teeth
- Contains more magnesium than any other food and may help in lowering blood glucose levels
- Helps to decrease the risk of hardening of the arteries and may reduce free radicals throughout the body
- Aids in lowering bad VLDL cholesterol while increasing good HDL cholesterol
- Shown to improve Endothelial function in overweight adults
- Natural source of anandamide, phenethylamine, arginine & 300 other natural compounds
- May reduce additional neural damage in the case of a stroke
- May reduce blood pressure and promote an overall feeling of euphoria & well being
- Helps to maintain youthful, beautiful skin, hair, & nails
- Lowers the oxidative stress of strenuous activities - thus helping athletes to recover
- Summary: When people say "chocolate is healthy," this is what they should be talking about :) Conventional chocolate is healthy like carrot cake is good source of vegetables. This myth comes from the fact that conventional chocolate has some cocoa/caco in it...but it also has a bunch of inSANE sugars and oils in it. Enough of that nonsense. Why not go straight for the good stuff and SANE stuff! These Mood Boosting Chocolate Chips are some of the most healthy, fat burning, and craving crushing foods on the planet! With all the nutritional benefits of whole cacao beans, our Mood Boosting Chocolate Chips are the perfect addition to dessert recipes, smoothies, ice creams or any chocolate creation. We know you'll go to pieces when you try them! Cacao, 'the food of the gods' has been used for centuries to boost energy and enhance mood. With over 300 identifiable chemical compounds, cacao remains one of the most complex and pleasurable foods on the planet. In its raw form, cacao contains anandamide (a euphoric substance), arginine (a natural aphrodisiac and vasodilator), phenethylamine (a neurotransmitter that can combat depression and E. coli) and tryptophan (a natural anti-depressant). By raising the neurotransmitters in our brain, cacao promotes an overall feeling of well being. In essence, raw chocolate makes you happy!
1 to 3 Servings Per Day → Serving Size: 1/4 cup or small handful
Each serving counts as one serving of Whole-Food Fats
Enjoy as a SANE snack and needed SANE recipes and smoothies
A SANE way to endulge your chocolate cravings!
Heirloom Raw Organic Cacao Nibs
Origin: Peru - Certified Organic
SANE strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Mood Boosting Chocolate Chips are organically grown and pass our strict quality assurance which includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. SANE offers Mood Boosting Chocolate Chips packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Organic raw Cacao Nibs in a cool, dark, dry place.
Cocoa, one of nature’s many miracles, is in fact the great super-food that many people seek. Cocoa makes other so-called super-fruits pale in comparison. Cocoa is a titan of health benefits, the likes of which humanity has never known. It is the profound medicine that scientists and researchers toil to discover. If cocoa were a pharmaceutical drug, it would be hailed as the greatest medicine of all time, and its discoverer would reap the Nobel prize in Medicine. Cocoa is all of that. Cocoa is right out in the open, more protective than any other food, and more powerful than any medicine ever devised.
Over the past dozen of years or so, a steady stream of science has emerged, showing that cocoa and the confection made from it (chocolate) possess extraordinary life-imbuing and disease-fighting properties. Most notably, cocoa demonstrates significant benefits for the cardiovascular system, helping to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, reduce the risk of high blood pressure, and even reduce the risk of cancer. Furthermore, cocoa consumption is associated with reduced cognitive decline in old age.
Cocoa contains over 700 known compounds. And for all we know, there may be many more that remain undiscovered. Of particular interest to scientists are the antioxidant compounds in cocoa. Antioxidants are compounds that plants manufacture to prevent their own cells from premature destruction due to exposure to heat, light, air, moisture and time. In the human body, many of these compounds prevent reactive oxygen species (ROS) from destroying cells and causing premature aging and disease. Cocoa is especially rich in polyphenols, a group of protective antioxidant compounds found in many plant foods such as red wine and tea, and which are the subjects of scientific investigation for their beneficial influence on cardiovascular health. The polyphenols include anthocyanins, isoflavones, flavanones, flavonols, flavanols, and flavones. Of special interest to health researchers are flavanols in cocoa, including flavan-3-ols, catechins, epicatechins and proanthocyanidins. These naturally-occurring substances not only protect the cells of our bodies from premature destruction, but they also help to reduce the risk of killer diseases.
Another dimension of the benefits of cocoa and chocolate consumption concerns mood. Cocoa is rich in agents that enhance the production of various feel-good chemicals in the brain, notably serotonin and dopamine. This means that cocoa possesses anti-depressant, mood-elevating properties. This is no surprise to the any millions of people who self medicate with chocolate every day.
In addition to the above possible health benefits of cocoa powder, UMIM says that cocoa may lower LDL cholesterol, reduce the risk of blood clots, increase blood flow to the arteries, lower high blood pressure, boost cognitive performance and provide essential minerals such as calcium and potassium.
Cocoa also contains approximately 43.6 mg of flavonoids per gram. Flavonoids are part of a powerful group of antioxidants known as polyphenols, and according to Medical News Today, cocoa is one of the highest polyphenol-containing foods. In addition, hot cocoa contains more antioxidants per cup than a serving of red wine or tea, and Science Daily explains it may even be the healthiest choice of the three. Science Daily also states that drinking cocoa may help to fight cancer, heart disease and aging through its antioxidant boosting effect. Medical News Today warns however that most commercial cocoa powders have the antioxidant-containing flavonoids removed because they taste bitter; therefore, in order to obtain the health boosting benefits, consider buying raw cocoa powder, which is a minimally processed cocoa powder.
According to Elson Hass in his book “Staying Healthy With Nutrition,” cocoa may provide antidepressant benefits. He explains that cocoa contains the substance phenethylamine, which is a neurotransmitter found in the brain that acts as a mood elevator and natural antidepressant.The University of Michigan Health System (UMIM) states that cocoa may also have the ability to boost endorphins, which act as natural “happy” opiates and are responsible for the highs that are often felt after exercising, laughing, having sex or winning the lottery. Finally, UMIM says that cocoa may boost serotonin, which is the neurotransmitter that antidepressants target in order to boost overall happiness levels.
Cacao contains one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, green tea and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Our Mood Boosting Chocolate Chips are high in the mineral magnesium and recent scientific studies have shown that cacao boosts blood flow to the heart, brain and other organs and while also, having protective effects against heart disease. It has also been shown to be helpful in lowering blood glucose levels. Cacao, 'the food of the gods' has been traditionally used for centuries to boost energy and enhance mood.
Researchers found that a cocoa extract - called lavado - may reduce or block damage to nerve pathways found in patients with Alzheimer's disease. This means that symptoms of the condition - such as cognitive decline - could be prevented.
Price $24.95 $34.95