You save $15.00 (38%)
Don't miss out, we only have left. (Limit 9 per order)
TIP: For freshness, this is made in small batches. Order now to avoid long waits for the next batch.
Mood Boosting Cocoa Powder (1lb)
Cocoa might just be the most beneficial food on the planet. It has been proven to reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer, Alzheimer's, dementia, diabetes, and unhealthy cholesterol levels. In fact, a recent study showed that cocoa contains more antioxidant activity, polyphenols and flavanols than other fruits tested, which included blueberries and Acai berries! Combine this with cocoa's proven positive effects on neurotransmitters responsible for your emotions, and cocoa could be called nature's greatest mood booster and antidepressant.
All of the following recipes and DOZENS MORE are found in the FREE 80+ page recipe eBook included with your Mood Boosting Cocoa Powder:
Death By Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
Peruvian Cocoa Coconut Scones
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Creamy Chocolate Porridge
Chocolate Almond Butter Mouse
Dark Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Mayan Coconut Chocolate Cake
Mint Chocolate Pudding
Chunky Chocolatey Pudding
Double Rich Hot Chocolate
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Incan Mocha Cocoa Froth
Brazilian Cherry Blast
Mayan Cherry Breeze
- Contains mood elevating properties and can help with arteriosclerosis
- May help the dilation of blood vessels and improving the cellular functioning of those cells lining blood vessels
- Super powerful antioxidant and may boost blood flow to the brain, heart, & other organs
- Supports a healthy heart, inflammation reduction, and improved digestion
- Stimulates kidney and bowel function and helps relax muscles
- May aid in the healing of skin problems including eczema, psoriasis & burns
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system and the reduction of stress
- Can increase insulin sensitivity and help build and maintain strong bones & teeth
- Contains more magnesium than any other food and may help in lowering blood glucose levels
- Helps to decrease the risk of hardening of the arteries and may reduce free radicals throughout the body
- Aids in lowering bad VLDL cholesterol while increasing good HDL cholesterol
- Shown to improve Endothelial function in overweight adults
- Natural source of anandamide, phenethylamine, arginine & 300 other natural compounds
- May reduce additional neural damage in the case of a stroke
- May reduce blood pressure and promote an overall feeling of euphoria & well being
- Helps to maintain youthful, beautiful skin, hair, & nails
- Lowers the oxidative stress of strenuous activities - thus helping athletes to recover
- Summary: Our Mood Boosting Cocoa Powder is made by taking the finest raw Heirloom Criollo cacao nibs and cold-pressing some of the oil out. This natural process retains 22% of the cacao butter and results in a rich, flavorful powder packed with powerful nutrients and natural possible mood enhancers. This extra rich cacao powder dissolves easily in liquids making it easy to create smooth, delicious chocolate shakes, fudge, hot chocolate and more. The possibilities are endless for this antioxidant pick me up. See what you are missing and turn your chocolate cravings into super nutrition by rediscovering real chocolate in our Mood Boosting Cocoa Powder contains one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, green tea and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Our Mood Boosting Cocoa Powder is high in the mineral magnesium and recent scientific studies have shown that cacao boosts blood flow to the heart, brain and other organs and while also, having protective effects against heart disease. It has also been shown to be helpful in lowering blood glucose levels. Cacao, 'the food of the gods' has been traditionally used for centuries to boost energy and enhance mood
As needed in SANE recipes and smoothies.
This is a "free food" and can/should be enjoyed in abundance. You would get tired of eating this before you over ate it.
You'd only need to be concerned with eating too much of this if you started eating multiple cups of it per day.
Raw Extra Rich Organic Heirloom Criollo Cacao Powder
Origin: Peru - Certified Organic
SANE strives to offer the highest quality organically grown, raw, vegan, gluten free, non-GMO products available and exclusively uses low temperature drying techniques to preserve all the vital enzymes and nutrients. Our Mood Boosting Cocoa Powder is made from organically grown Cacao Beans that pass our strict quality assurance which includes testing for botanical identity, heavy metals, chemicals and microbiological contaminants. SANE offers Mood Boosting Cocoa Powder packaged in airtight stand-up, resealable foil pouches for optimum freshness. Once opened, just push the air out of the pouch before resealing to preserve maximum potency. Keep your Mood Boosting Cocoa Powder in a cool, dark, dry place.
Cocoa, one of nature’s many miracles, is in fact the great super-food that many people seek. Cocoa makes other so-called super-fruits pale in comparison. Cocoa is a titan of health benefits, the likes of which humanity has never known. It is the profound medicine that scientists and researchers toil to discover. If cocoa were a pharmaceutical drug, it would be hailed as the greatest medicine of all time, and its discoverer would reap the Nobel prize in Medicine. Cocoa is all of that. Cocoa is right out in the open, more protective than any other food, and more powerful than any medicine ever devised.
Over the past dozen of years or so, a steady stream of science has emerged, showing that cocoa and the confection made from it (chocolate) possess extraordinary life-imbuing and disease-fighting properties. Most notably, cocoa demonstrates significant benefits for the cardiovascular system, helping to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, reduce the risk of high blood pressure, and even reduce the risk of cancer. Furthermore, cocoa consumption is associated with reduced cognitive decline in old age.
Cocoa contains over 700 known compounds. And for all we know, there may be many more that remain undiscovered. Of particular interest to scientists are the antioxidant compounds in cocoa. Antioxidants are compounds that plants manufacture to prevent their own cells from premature destruction due to exposure to heat, light, air, moisture and time. In the human body, many of these compounds prevent reactive oxygen species (ROS) from destroying cells and causing premature aging and disease. Cocoa is especially rich in polyphenols, a group of protective antioxidant compounds found in many plant foods such as red wine and tea, and which are the subjects of scientific investigation for their beneficial influence on cardiovascular health. The polyphenols include anthocyanins, isoflavones, flavanones, flavonols, flavanols, and flavones. Of special interest to health researchers are flavanols in cocoa, including flavan-3-ols, catechins, epicatechins and proanthocyanidins. These naturally-occurring substances not only protect the cells of our bodies from premature destruction, but they also help to reduce the risk of killer diseases.
Another dimension of the benefits of cocoa and chocolate consumption concerns mood. Cocoa is rich in agents that enhance the production of various feel-good chemicals in the brain, notably serotonin and dopamine. This means that cocoa possesses anti-depressant, mood-elevating properties. This is no surprise to the any millions of people who self medicate with chocolate every day.
In addition to the above possible health benefits of cocoa powder, UMIM says that cocoa may lower LDL cholesterol, reduce the risk of blood clots, increase blood flow to the arteries, lower high blood pressure, boost cognitive performance and provide essential minerals such as calcium and potassium.
Cocoa also contains approximately 43.6 mg of flavonoids per gram. Flavonoids are part of a powerful group of antioxidants known as polyphenols, and according to Medical News Today, cocoa is one of the highest polyphenol-containing foods. In addition, hot cocoa contains more antioxidants per cup than a serving of red wine or tea, and Science Daily explains it may even be the healthiest choice of the three. Science Daily also states that drinking cocoa may help to fight cancer, heart disease and aging through its antioxidant boosting effect. Medical News Today warns however that most commercial cocoa powders have the antioxidant-containing flavonoids removed because they taste bitter; therefore, in order to obtain the health boosting benefits, consider buying raw cocoa powder, which is a minimally processed cocoa powder.
According to Elson Hass in his book “Staying Healthy With Nutrition,” cocoa may provide antidepressant benefits. He explains that cocoa contains the substance phenethylamine, which is a neurotransmitter found in the brain that acts as a mood elevator and natural antidepressant.The University of Michigan Health System (UMIM) states that cocoa may also have the ability to boost endorphins, which act as natural “happy” opiates and are responsible for the highs that are often felt after exercising, laughing, having sex or winning the lottery. Finally, UMIM says that cocoa may boost serotonin, which is the neurotransmitter that antidepressants target in order to boost overall happiness levels.
Cacao contains one of the highest levels of antioxidants on the planet, exceeding that of red wine, green tea and many other exotic fruits and vegetables. Our Mood Boosting Cocoa Powder is high in the mineral magnesium and recent scientific studies have shown that cacao boosts blood flow to the heart, brain and other organs and while also, having protective effects against heart disease. It has also been shown to be helpful in lowering blood glucose levels. Cacao, 'the food of the gods' has been traditionally used for centuries to boost energy and enhance mood.
Researchers found that a cocoa extract - called lavado - may reduce or block damage to nerve pathways found in patients with Alzheimer's disease. This means that symptoms of the condition - such as cognitive decline - could be prevented.
Price $24.95 $39.95